Wednesday 12 August 2015

How To Start A Youtube Channel - From One Beginner To Another!

How To Start A Youtube Channel - Pale Aesthetic

So, I've been toying with the idea of starting a youtube channel for quite sometime now. I honestly watch Youtube more than I watch normal TV and it just looks like so much fun. I love how transparent it is, on blogs it's a little bit harder to get a true representation of somebody, they could model with the best of them but in real life they might not be the type of person you want to admire. Youtube however, gives you an insight into peoples world (Even through its edited and a faction of someones day) it give you a real grasp of what that persons like, what they find funny, and that's what I LOVE about it!  

I never ever imagined my channel would get off to such a good start. I mean I am almost at 1000 subscribers after just 3 videos! I thought I would have maximum 50 by this point! So, because of this, I wanted to 
share my personal tips for how to start your own youtube channel, from one beginner to another...

1) Have a Theme.


Before you start, decide what you want to be. Whether you want to showcase your music, do comedy sketches, get drunk in every video, play games, or be a beauty/fashion youtuber. There are so many options but you need to define yourself. This might sound restrictive, but when starting something new you need to know who you are targeting, in order to keep your first followers interested.


2) Talk Out Loud Everyday

When you first sit in front of a camera to film, the words might not come out. It took me so long to talk above a whisper because It just felt so unnatural. Start narrating the things you do, this doesn't have to be in front of someone, but maybe when you're putting on your make-up in the morning or choosing your outfit. Talk as if you are telling someone what you are doing, this sounds soooooo silly but it will make it feel more normal when you have to do it in front of a camera.

3) Personalise Your Thumbnails.

Every video needs a thumbnail, it makes it so much more attractive to click on then just a random screen grab from your video. The best channels I follow have a consistant look, with the same kind of image and font in every video. Try and decide this before you start otherwise you first videos will look dated very fast when they don't match your newer ones.


4) Be Part Of The Community 

So you're new to youtube, no one knows who you are, so you need to put yourself out there. It's all well and good posting a video, tweeting a link and posting it on Instagram, but theres a whole community already in youtube. Every time you watch a video leave a comment. This doesn't have to be an aggressive "COME SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL" just leave a something thoughtful about the video (these comments get interacted with the most) and sooner or later people will start to recognise your icon and click through.

5) Do Tags

Like I said before, no one knows who you are when you first start, so maybe don't do a super unique video because it won't be found. Instead start with Tags like 'What's In My Bag Tag' or 'The TMI Tag' these are things people regularly search for, so you are more likely to be discovered!

6) Just Film (It took me 5 videos to have to courage to upload my first) 


The hardest bit about starting a channel is have the courage to film. I can almost guarantee you that you will film your first video, take one look at it and go, "Nope I am not cut out for this". My biggest thing was not being able to watch myself on camera and focusing on all my imperfections (take this from a girl with a lisp) watching yourself is hard! Don't let that put you off, play around with lighting, camera angles, and just keep recording yourself, once you get past seeing yourself on camera, you will start to see the good things in your video, and ignore the bad, that honestly only you will notice.

I hope these tips helped all of you thinking of starting up a channel! They are honestly the things I have followed to kick off mine, and although they may seem small, they make all the difference. If you have any tips of your own, comment them down below! Check out my channel below by clicking on the images and subscribe because I am almost at 1000 subscribers! Ahhhhhh! :) 



How To Start A Youtube Channel - Pale Aesthetic


Share:

17 comments

  1. Awesome! I've been wanting to start a channel for the longest, my first video will deff be a tag video. Hopefully I'll sit down and actually film one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do it! Until you get your first one up you won't feel the commitment to be a part of it, and you will just keep putting it off! :)

      Delete
  2. These are great tips, I hadn't thought of just talking out loud as if you are filming a video! Commenting is something I always forget to do. Even with this blog post I thought ooohh those are some good ideas and then closed it >.< So I came back to let you know I thought it was a great post!

    www.hollysparkle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming back to comment! Glad you loved the tips, honestly the talking out loud one should of been first, it is such a simple one but you honestly don't realise how much it helps! :)

      Delete
  3. Great info :) I'm definitely going to try out the speaking out loud technique, it's daunting but a very good point

    http://lucecanon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly the best way to look more natural! :)

      Delete
  4. Great tips! I've been thinking about Youtube too as video is the future, but I barely have the time to do my standard posts, let alone create another channel to keep up with. Plus I would cringe at myself on film! Do you find vlogging is quicker to do than blogging? How long does all the editing take?

    Hayley x
    www.primpingperth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cringe soooo hard when I'm editing, and I don't know how but I always have hair in my face or sticking up that I don't notice while filming and then can't stop looking at while editing! But you have to realise that you are your own worst critic and just get over it, which it sooo hard!

      It's defiantly a longer process, The filming is never quick, as you end up redoing your into/outro sooooo many times, but unlike things like outfit photos for your blog you can do it without anyone else. Which makes it a good fall back if your photographer bails or it's raining etc. You can just sit in your room and ramble on. Also I hate having pictures taken of me so I feel more comfortable filming then posing which makes it not feel too much like hard work! :)

      The editing takes a good couple of hours, but if you do just a sit down video, it's just simple cutting and pasting so it's not hard, just time consuming. Plus it feels really rewarding once you finish one! :)

      Delete
  5. Great post! I was thinking of starting to make videos for such a long time. But it will be different from my blog, as I want to help people how to find a job in a foreign country. I definately have to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to mix it up! I want to do somethings on my youtube channel that I would never post on my blog, youtube give you way more freedom I think! :)

      Delete
  6. thanks for this lovely! I already made a channel but these tips will help x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I m planning to start a YT channel..These tips are great for a beginner like me :) great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo Good Luck!! I hope it goes well! :) xx

      Delete
  8. Great tips indeed! Watching myself on video and hearing my voice are definitely the weirdest feelings..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so many times I've been editing and just gone "why would the world want to watch me do this?" It's so difficult to like yourself on camera!!

      Delete
  9. With the popularity of the internet growing over the past few decades, people are finding new and innovative ways in order to use this technology. One of the most popular methods to using the internet is to make money and YouTube is gaining as one of the sites that people are using in order to make this money online. If you are interested in learning how to make money online with YouTube, look at some of the suggestions below. https://www.buyyoutubesubscribers.in/

    ReplyDelete

© Pale Aesthetic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig